The Office of Professional and Continuing Education offers various onsite workshops, events and symposia throughout the year. Stay up-to-date about our latest offerings by visiting this page frequently and by subscribing to our newsletter!
Need CE now? Explore our online offerings here!
Creating Freedom Through Somatic Awakening
Facilitator: James Knight, E-RYT, CHSE
Date: Wednesday, September 18th, 2019
Location: MUIH Main Campus Rooms 3 & 4
CEUs: 6.5 (Yoga Alliance)
Registration Fees: $247 standard rate; $199 MUIH Students/Staff/Faculty/Alumni Rate
James Knight is a pioneer in the field of yoga and Somatics, Gentle Somatic Yoga is considered a journey of self-discovery and exploration. As the practice of yoga continues to become mainstream (fitness vs. wellness), people are searching for gentler, kinder, and nourishing ways to move.
In this workshop the emphasis will not be on stretching muscles, instead we will be reprogramming them. This method goes to the root cause of all muscular pain and strengthens the brain-to-muscle connection.
This is a great introductory course for yoga teachers/therapists, bodyworkers, and movement educators. You will learn practical and effective skills that you can immediately incorporate into to your classes and/or private practice.
This interactive and experiential workshop will cover the history, neuroscience, method, and philosophy of Gentle Somatic Yoga.
Participants will have a direct Somatic experience resulting in enhanced neurocircuitry (i.e. brain-to-muscle reprograming) by coming out of Sensory Motor Amnesia and into Somatic Awakening. This direct experience will not only help participants, but also can be shared with their family members, friends, clients and students.
As a result of this course teachers, therapists, movement educators, yoga practitioners, and the lay person will:
- Learn a minimum of 10 corrective and therapeutic exercises, called Somatic Movement Flowsâ that they can immediately integrate into classes and/or private practices.
- Expand their skill set for specialty populations such as: corporate wellness, people recovering from injury, athletes that want to improve their performance, patient’s pre-or post-surgery, active seniors, beginning yoga students and more…
- Discover why the technique of pandiculation is more effective than stretching a muscle for long-lasting results for people suffering from chronic pain and stiffness.
- Rebuild neuropathways from the brain to muscle that will significantly increase flexibility, strength, and coordination.
- Explore and embody the effects from techniques that will permanently erase tension-based patterns and other habits of holding stress in the body (soma).
An Exploration of the Líng Shū靈樞 , Běn Cǎo Gāng Mù 本草綱目 and the Berlin Collection with Paul Unschuld Ph.D.
Presenter: Paul Unschuld Ph.D.
Format: Onsite Workshop
Date: Wednesday, October 2, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM EST
Location: MUIH Main Campus Rooms 3 & 4
Spend the day engaging with Dr. Paul Unschuld, the renowned scholar who assisted a generation of Chinese Medicine Practitioners in the West, allowing us to tap into the textual sources of the Chinese Medicine tradition.
As a result of this experience, you will be able to:
- Explain the history of the Nei Jing and its influence on the evolution of medical thought
- Develop a fundamental knowledge on the contents of the Běncǎo Gāngmù 本草綱目and its forgotten clinical pearls
- Examine clinical findings from the Berlin Collection of medical texts
Credential: Certificate of Completion
CEUs: 7 CEUs – NCCAOM, MD Board of Acupuncture
Note: CEUs are awarded upon full attendance at the workshop and upon successful completion of workshop assessment(s).
Various other professional organizations and boards may accept this offering for continuing education requirements. Please verify with your respective relevant professional organization and email email@example.com with questions.
General Public: $250.00
MUIH Faculty, Alumni and Students: $150.00*
*Email firstname.lastname@example.org to verify your MUIH affiliation and discount code.
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, October 1st at 12 noon EST.
Workshop: The Classical Roots of Five Element Acupuncture
Date: October 19-20, 2019
Time: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Location: MUIH Main Campus, Rooms 3&4
Payment: $450 Standard Rate; $300 MUIH Alumni, Staff, Faculty & Students
In this workshop, you will explore:
- Dao, yinyang, and HeavenEarthMan informing the role of humanity
- Xing (one’s proper nature) as the gift of Anterior Heaven (vis-à vis the CF and Withins)
- Conformity to zheng (regulatory) qi leading to ming (destiny)
- The accrual of xie (evil, perverse, or pathogenic) qi
- The wuxing correspondences, the five shen (spirits) and zhi (wills) illuminating the nature of the five elements
- CSOE (diagnosis of the CF and Withins)
- Treatment of the CF and Withins, with reference to the nature of acupuncture points
- Treatment of pathologies (the 12 officials in the 11 positions, the jingluo and the sheng/ke cycles) in light of the CF and Withins
- The patient-practitioner relationship and the role of the practitioner
CEUs: 14 hours (NCCAOM & MD Board of Acupuncture)
Questions? Contact email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.