The Post-Master’s Certificate in Nutrition and Integrative Health offers health professionals and those with advanced science training an opportunity to learn core competencies in the field of holistic nutrition in an online format. As the nation’s only Post-Master’s Certificate in Nutrition and Integrative Health, MUIH’s program provides evidence-based nutrition training specifically for health professionals and those with advanced science training, including: physicians, physician assistants, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, acupuncturists, herbalists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, dentists, pharmacists, osteopaths, and chiropractors. Our program will set graduates apart from their peers by broadening their expertise and client reach in this rapidly growing field.
Students will integrate a biochemical and molecular understanding of nutrition into a broader context of whole food healing and whole person health and wellness care. Of the 15 credits required for this program, students take 11 core credits and four elective credits. Students can opt to take their elective courses in a variety of areas including sports nutrition, mindful eating, whole food preparation, diabetes education, or eastern nutrition philosophy. Graduates may be eligible for board certification in the field of nutrition and can advance their career in health care with specialized training in holistic nutrition.
- Earn the 15-credit certificate in as little as three trimesters (one year)
- Study with a cohort of like-minded healthcare professionals in a scholarly community entirely centered on wellness
- Individualize your program with a wide array of electives
- Create treatment plans using whole foods and nutritional supplementation
- Help patients distinguish between food fads, trends, and sound nutrition information
- Learn and teach whole foods cooking