Maryland University of Integrative Health’s Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Health and Wellness Coaching is at the forefront of a growing field in the healthcare industry. Research shows that health education alone is not enough to inspire people to change behaviors and make positive health choices. Health and wellness coaching is now recognized as a key competency and catalyst that can effect change.
This ground-breaking program is designed to prepare educators, life coaches, fitness instructors, employee assistance specialists, human resource specialists, healthcare professionals, and others with a strong interest in health and wellness to empower people to take charge of their own health and create sustainable change. Graduates practice in a multitude of settings including health education facilities, gyms, spas, corporations, schools, physicians’ offices, and private practice.
The curriculum focuses on three primary goals. The first goal is the development of a wider view of the field of health and wellness in contrast to our current disease-focused model. The second is to teach coaches to listen to the wisdom of their own bodies and to teach their clients to do the same. The third is to develop both proficiency and excellence in the skills necessary to help clients adopt attitudes and lifestyle changes most conducive to optimal health and other issues that affect health. It can prepare graduates to become National Consortium for Credentialing Health and Wellness Coaches (NCCHWC) certified health and wellness coaches and International Coach Federation (ICF) certified coaches, depending on format.
- Taught by leaders and innovators in the fields of health and wellness, transformative leadership, and coaching
- Presented in both a weekend and online format to accommodate working professionals
- Can be completed in 11 months with 15 graduate-level academic credits
- Eligible for federal financial aid
- Easily paired with other MUIH graduate programs
- Approved Transition Program by the National Consortium for Credentialing Health and Wellness Coaches (NCCHWC), qualifying students to sit for the national certification exam. On-campus and hybrid programs approved by the International Coach Federation (ICF) as a 60-hour Approved Coach Specific Training (ACSTH) program.
- Approved for continuing education units for select professions
This certificate may also be used as an entry point to the Master of Arts in Health and Wellness Coaching.