Creating Freedom Through Somatic Awakening
Facilitator: James Knight, E-RYT, CHSE
Date: Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Time: 9 AM - 5 PM
Location: MUIH Main Campus Rooms 3 & 4
CEUs: 6.5 (Yoga Alliance)
Registration Fees: $247 standard rate; $199 MUIH Students/Staff/Faculty/Alumni Rate
James Knight is a pioneer in the field of yoga and Somatics, Gentle Somatic Yoga is considered a journey of self-discovery and exploration. As the practice of yoga continues to become mainstream (fitness vs. wellness), people are searching for gentler, kinder, and nourishing ways to move.
In this workshop the emphasis will not be on stretching muscles, instead we will be reprogramming them. This method goes to the root cause of all muscular pain and strengthens the brain-to-muscle connection.
This is a great introductory course for yoga teachers/therapists, bodyworkers, and movement educators. You will learn practical and effective skills that you can immediately incorporate into to your classes and/or private practice.
This interactive and experiential workshop will cover the history, neuroscience, method, and philosophy of Gentle Somatic Yoga.
Participants will have a direct Somatic experience resulting in enhanced neurocircuitry (i.e. brain-to-muscle reprograming) by coming out of Sensory Motor Amnesia and into Somatic Awakening. This direct experience will not only help participants, but also can be shared with their family members, friends, clients and students.
As a result of this course teachers, therapists, movement educators, yoga practitioners, and the lay person will:
- Learn a minimum of 10 corrective and therapeutic exercises, called Somatic Movement Flows that they can immediately integrate into classes and/or private practices.
- Expand their skill set for specialty populations such as: corporate wellness, people recovering from injury, athletes that want to improve their performance, patient’s pre-or post-surgery, active seniors, beginning yoga students and more
- Discover why the technique of pandiculation is more effective than stretching a muscle for long-lasting results for people suffering from chronic pain and stiffness.
- Rebuild neuropathways from the brain to muscle that will significantly increase flexibility, strength, and coordination.
- Explore and embody the effects from techniques that will permanently erase tension-based patterns and other habits of holding stress in the body (soma)
Don't miss out! Sign up today for this Full-day Immersion Workshop. Learn more about Gentle Somatic Yoga® & Integrative Therapist and Yoga Teacher James Knight, E-RYT, CHSE.