The insurance landscape is ever-changing. This year you can submit for one thing, then something totally different the next. We want to make insurance easy and painless. Participants are expected to learn how insurance works, whose networks they should join, how to bill and what to bill for. If you’re even remotely confused by the idea of insurance, then you should join Mori West for an informational weekend.
Note: This program has the option of two days of learning. You may join one or both days. Pricing does vary. See registration below for further details.
Beginning Insurance Billing
Workshop Day 1 – West focuses on the basics of insurance. If you don’t know where to start or with which companies to use, then you should join this day. Other topics to be discussed include:
- Verifying patient benefits
- Understanding coding and scope of practice
- Integral forms needed for submissions
Participants will receive editable PDFs to make for their own practices, as well as additional understanding of how these forms work.
Advanced Billing and Bullet Proof Documentation
Workshop Day 2 – For those who have experience with billing or have finished the Beginning Billing course, Advanced Billing guarantees that participants will learn the following:
- How to send a corrected claim electronically
- How to properly appeal a denied claim
- Additional opportunities to join networks such as VA and Dept of Labor
- Signing up for Direct Deposit (EFT) and Electronic EOBs (ERAs)
- CPT Coding- Understanding Timed Based Procedures and how to document face to face time with the patient
- ICD10 Coding – Documenting the Chief Complaint as well as documenting History of Present Illness using the standard 8 Elements
- Office Visits – Evaluation and Management Codes have STRICT requirements of what must be documented to bill these codes.
- Audits – What to do if you are asked for your notes and what was submitted that triggered an audit
- Using a Letter of Medical Necessity to substantiate the need for treatment
Carriers now have at their disposal additional tools that trigger audits. It is more important now than ever before that your progress notes MUST be up to medical industry standards. This class will give you the tools that will confirm that what you billed for is what you did, and that the treatment you provided is medically necessary. This class includes handouts such as:
- Listing of requirements necessary to document to bill various office visit codes
- List of HPI elements and how to document them
- Outcome Assessment tests and when you should use them
Mori West, the owner of ACUCLAIMS began billing over 25 years ago. She is a featured speaker at many Acupuncture Colleges across the country. Since Acuclaims bills for providers nationwide she is able to impart up to date information that comes from submitting thousands of claims per month for providers all across the country. Experience counts and few people, few companies have the level of experience that Mori West and her team have.
As she says, "Because we verify insurance benefits, we have the confidence of knowing a carrier HAS to pay our claims. We exhaust every avenue when we receive a denial, we make the call and follow up with a request for reconsideration. We are successful when carriers quote incorrect benefits, then deny claims when submitted. The appeals process is in place for just these types of cases, we know the process and we use it.”
Finally as a lifelong acupuncture and chiropractic patient, Mori feels indebted to the professions. "I am the wife of a chiropractor. I know the unique abilities chiropractors have. I believe in what they do and I believe carriers will pay claims when submitted. I have also utilized acupuncture and herbs since I was a teenager. I am grateful to work with acupuncturists I consider true healers and it amazes me that in this era with ever increasing insurance benefits for acupuncture there are still practitioners that shy away from insurance."
Register for Comprehensive Insurance Billing for Acupuncturists*:
To register for the full 2-day seminar ($300), click here.
To register for either single day workshop ($160), click here and enter discount code HX50Z6.
If you have questions regarding your registration, please contact email@example.com.
For registration technical support, please contact 1-844-414-5052 or firstname.lastname@example.org.