Next Offered: April 5-9, 2017
Developed over 30 years by Richard Miller Ph.D., iRest Yoga Nidra meditation supports psychological, physical, and spiritual health, healing, and awakening. The Level 1 training is designed to provide you with the basic principles, history, theory, practice, and delivery of iRest. This will allow you to incorporate the simple 10-step iRest protocol into your personal life, professional teaching, or clinical practice. The protocol has been designed for use in various settings that include a personal practice, yoga environments, physical therapy, massage therapy, social work, clinical and medical settings, integrative health practices, as well as in-job training and job resiliency programs.
How It Works
iRest is an accessible meditation protocol that is integrative, as it heals unresolved issues and traumas, and restorative, as it aids practitioners in recognizing the underlying peace of mind that is always present amidst all changing circumstances in life.
Due to its effectiveness and ease of use, iRest has proven to effectively support the healing process across a broad range of populations, including those with PTSD, chronic pain, sleep issues, high stress, depression, and anxiety.
In this Level 1 Training, you will learn:
- The core principles and practice of iRest meditation.
- How to use iRest for your personal practice.
- How to teach and deliver iRest simply yet effectively in group and individual settings.
Following the Level 1 Training, you will:
- Join a global community of teachers teaching iRest in yoga studios, sleep clinics, rehabilitation and healthcare facilities, hospice, prisons, universities, schools, as well as in private practice.
- Be able to list yourself on the Integrative Restoration Institute (IRI) website as a Level 1 Teacher in Training.
- Be able to access IRI’s “Teacher Resources” and our “Teachers Community Network” for further personal and professional support.
- Be recommended by IRI to people seeking iRest teachers in their local area.
iRest will be offered at MUIH April 5-9, 2017.
Wednesday, April 5: 8:00 a.m. – 6:15 p.m. (registration starts at 8:00 a.m.; class begins at 8:30 a.m.)
Thursday, April 6: 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday, April 7: 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 8: 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 9: 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
There will be a lunch break from approximately 12:30 – 2:00 p.m. Thursday through Saturday.
$1,395 early bird ($1,495 after February 1, 2017)
Includes a comprehensive manual and a Level I Training audio download.
Reading & Listening
Richard Miller, Yoga Nidra: A Meditative Practice for Deep Relaxation and Healing (book with audio CD).
- iRest Program for Healing PTSD (book)
- iRest Program for Healing Meditations with Richard Miller (audio recordings)
- Integrative Restoration—iRest: The Principles and Practice of Yoga Nidra (6-volume audio recording)
- iRest at Ease with Richard Miller (audio recording) or iRest at Ease with Kelly Boys (audio recording)
- Resting in Stillness (audio recording)
- Read an article by Samantha Kinkaid about Level I and II iRest Yoga Nidra trainings here
- Read an article by Gemma Adams about the iRest Yoga Nidra Certification Program here
Approximately 30 CE hours* will be available for YA, PSY, MFT, LCSW, RN.
*The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal by LCSWs, LPCCs, and MFTs from California for programs from American Psychological Association approved CE providers. LCSWs, LPCCs, MFTs, and other mental health Counselors from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board for approval.
California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP 10318) to sponsor continuing education for licensed nurses in California through the co-sponsorship of the Institute of Noetic Sciences. RNs from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board for approval.
About the Trainer
Karen Soltes LCSW, RYT, Certified iRest® Yoga Nidra teacher and senior trainer
Karen holds master’s degrees in both clinical social work and education and has worked in a variety of therapeutic and educational settings over the past 35 years. She served as the Director of the Therapeutic Yoga Program at Circle Yoga in Washington, DC, and was on the teaching faculty of Maryland University of Integrative Health’s Master of Science in Yoga Therapy. Karen taught iRest at the Washington, DC, Veterans Affairs Hospital as part of the Integrated Health and Wellness Program for eight years where she observed firsthand the benefits of iRest in alleviating the symptoms of PTSD, substance abuse, anxiety, depression, and chronic pain. In addition to her work at the VA, she is a founding partner of Warriors at Ease, whose mission is to train yoga and meditation teachers to work in military communities. She currently resides in Durango, Colorado, where she hikes, bikes, and savors the outdoors.
To find out more about the Integrative Restoration Institute, please visit irest.us.