The Post-Master’s Certificate in Women’s Holistic Health* is the first program of its kind to help acupuncturists address the health needs of female patients in all phases of the life cycle.
The holistic and integrative approach of this unique program provides students with an in-depth understanding of the comprehensive needs of women from puberty, through the childbearing years, to menopause and aging.
A faculty of experts in the field will teach in this 12-credit program, blending Eastern and Western medicine with proven traditional practices and modern science to create a “wisdom through the ages” learning experience.
- Part-time, weekend format to accommodate working acupuncturists in nine weekend sessions over a nine-month period
- Special topics in puberty, fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum, menopause, aging, life cycle nutrition, gynecological disorders, and reproductive oncology
- Comprehensive and broad-based knowledge that can be immediately applied into clinical practice
- Knowledge to be conversant with a diverse network of healthcare providers
- Experienced faculty and prominent guest lecturers, including Dr. Randine Lewis, author and internationally renowned expert in the field of women’s health and Chinese Medicine
- Presentations by Shady Grove Fertility Center on current Western medical practices in women’s health
- Eligible for federal financial aid and 180 Continuing Education Units
*Please note we are not currently enrolling for this program.